Weather Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (October 29, 2018)
Location: Northern and Central Luzon
Event: Typhoon Rosita (Yutu) is forecast to make landfall near the border of Aurora and Isabela provinces Tuesday morning, October 30. Residents of Northern and Central Luzon, including Baguio City, will likely experience heavy rains, high winds, flooding, and dangerous driving conditions. There is also a higher probability of landslides in mountainous regions.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid travel to Northern and Central Luzon until the storm has departed the Philippines.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Seek secure shelter in heavy wind and rain.
- Monitor the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration website at http://bagong.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/.
U.S. Embassy in the Philippines:
+63 (2) 301-2000, ACSInfoManila@state.gov
State Department – Consular Affairs:
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates