United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Weather Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (December 2, 2019)
Location: The Philippines
Event: Typhoon Kammuri (local name Tisoy) is forecast to make landfall over Catanduanes, Albay, or Sorsogon the evening of Monday, December 2 to early morning, Tuesday, December 3 and track westward. Residents of the affected storm path may experience strong winds and heavy rains, with possible flooding, landslides, and dangerous driving conditions, on Tuesday, December 3 through Wednesday, December 4.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid travel to typhoon affected areas until the storm has departed the Philippines.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Seek secure shelter in heavy wind and rain.
- Monitor the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration website at http://bagong.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/.
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines+63 (2) 5301-2000
- Email: ACSInfoManila@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Philippines Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook