U.S. Embassy Manila, Philippines
U.S. Consular Agency Cebu, Philippines
January 4, 2022
Weather Alert: Severe Storm Update (Typhoon Odette/Rai)
Location: Visayas, Mindanao, and Palawan, Philippines
Event: Typhoon Odette (Rai) – U.S. government personnel to continue to defer non-essential travel to affected regions
Disruptions to supplies of food, water, electricity, and communication and transportation infrastructure continue as a result of Typhoon Odette (Rai). Hospital services continue to be inaccessible or limited in some areas. The storm caused serious damage in many provinces of the Philippines, including Siargao, Dinagat, Surigao del Norte, Southern Leyte, Bohol, parts of Cebu, Palawan, and islands in surrounding waters. U.S. government personnel have been advised to continue to defer non-essential travel to the affected areas.
Action to take:
- Avoid the areas affected by Typhoon Odette.
- If you must travel to the affected areas, have a plan in place to ensure your safety and access to food, clean water, fuel, and required medicines. Local emergency services may be limited.
- If you are in the affected areas, contact your local government authorities for immediate, emergency assistance.
- Monitor the Philippine News Agency and local news for updates and follow the instructions of local authorities.
- U.S. Embassy Manila: +63 (2) 5301-2000; ACSInfoManila@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Philippines Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter