U.S. Embassy Manila, Philippines
U.S. Consular Agency Cebu, Philippines
December 23, 2021
Weather Alert: Severe Storm Update (Typhoon Odette/Rai)
Location: Visayas and Mindanao, Philippines
Event: Typhoon Odette (Rai) – Telephone and email outages continue at the Consular Agency in Cebu
Intermittent telephone and email outages continue at the Consular Agency in Cebu as a result of Typhoon Odette (Rai). U.S. citizens in need of assistance should contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila by email to ACSInfoManila@state.gov or by telephone at +63 (2) 5301-2000.
While we continue to work with Local Government Units (LGUs) to assist U.S. citizens affected by the typhoon, concerned family members and friends may seek direct assistance to locate missing U.S. citizens from the:
Office of Civil Defense – Regional Offices
Department of Social Welfare and Development – Field Offices
Philippine Red Cross – Welfare
Action to take:
- Avoid the areas affected by Typhoon Odette.
- If you must travel to the affected areas, have a plan in place to ensure your safety and access to food, clean water, fuel, and required medicines. Local emergency services may be limited.
- If you are in the affected areas, contact your local government authorities for immediate, emergency assistance.
- Monitor the Philippine News Agency and local news for updates and follow the instructions of local authorities.
- Monitor the Embassy’s alerts and messages page for updated information.
- U.S. Embassy Manila: +63 (2) 5301-2000; ACSInfoManila@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Philippines Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter