If your visa has been approved, you will be informed how and when your passport and visa will be returned to you. Carefully review After the Interview on usvisas.state.gov to learn what to do when you receive your visa, entering the United States, paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee, and other important information.
Delivery of Visas
The Immigrant Visa Unit uses a guaranteed courier service to deliver issued visas. 2GO commercial courier is the authorized courier service provider for the visa units. Visas are delivered directly to the applicant’s designated address at no additional cost. Applicants also have the option to pick up the visas at the nearest 2GO branch. Applicants do not need to return to the Embassy to pick up their issued visas.
Pre Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)
Philippine law requires all departing Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad to attend the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO). Only emigrants aged 12 years and younger are exempted from attending the PDOS. Although this is not a U.S. Government requirement, we do make this information available to all fiancé(e) and immigrant visa applicants. An information sheet regarding the CFO/PDOS seminar is attached to the visa packet to ensure that applicants are aware of this requirement.
For additional information (registration and counseling requirements, PDOS schedule, and schedule of guidance and counseling sessions), the applicant may visit CFO’s website at http://www.cfo.gov.ph.
Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA, formerly NSO) Documents
For applicants who were refused visa issuance under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for lack of civil documents from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA, formerly NSO), please follow the instructions below:
After your interview, the PSA Form will be given at the releasing window to those who were refused under 221(g) of the INA for lack of civil documents.
OPTION 1: Submit the Reverification Form in person at the Pasay City PSA outlet
- Go to the Pasay City PSA outlet.
- Complete the colored PSA document request form provided at the PSA outlet.
- Submit BOTH the colored PSA document request form and the Reverification Form to the PSA clerk.
- Pay the required fee. Keep your receipt. This serves as proof you submitted the form to PSA.
NOTE: This form will only be accepted in person at the Pasay City PSA outlet.
OPTION 2: Call the PSA Helpline Plus to request your documents
- Call (+632) 873-711-11 (long distance charges apply outside Metro Manila).
- Tell the Customer Care Officer you have a Reverification Form from the U.S. Embassy Manila.
- Answer the Customer Care Officer’s questions about the needed documents.
- Follow the Customer Care Officer’s instructions to pay for the documents.
OPTION 3: Use the NSO e-census website to request your documents
- Go to http://www.e-census.com.ph
- Click on “Request for copies of Birth/Marriage/Death Certificate/CENOMAR (Singleness).”
- Follow the instructions for using the Reverification Form from the U.S. Embassy Manila.
- Follow the instructions to pay for the documents.
PSA will submit the requested documents directly to the U.S. Embassy Manila. You should then wait to hear from us about the status of your visa application. All inquiries regarding your visa application should be directed to the Visa Information and Appointment Service Center at (+632) 854-882-23 and (+632) 779-289-88.