Renew an Adult Passport

If you already have a U.S. passport, you may be eligible to renew it, or change the name listed in your passport, by postal mail.  If you have never had a U.S. passport, or are applying for a passport for a child under age 16, you must apply in person at the Embassy in Manila or the Consular Agency in Cebu.

We encourage all eligible U.S. citizens to renew their passports by mail, to help us meet social distancing requirements in our waiting room and prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Effective April 19, 2021, we are accepting online fee payments for adult U.S. passport renewal applications.  Paying online allows you to mail your application to the Embassy without the need to apply in person.  Qualifying adult passport renewal applicants may pay the $110 passport renewal fee online via U.S. or international credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer from a U.S.-based bank account, Amazon Pay, or Pay Pal.  See our FAQ page for more information.

Online fee payment is limited to U.S. citizens residing in the Philippines.  U.S. citizens who reside outside the Philippines are not eligible for online fee payment at this time.  Online fee payment is currently available for passport book renewals only.  If you wish to renew or apply for a passport card, you must make an appointment to apply in person at the Embassy in Manila or the Consular Agency in Cebu.

Eligibility Requirements for U.S. Citizen Adult Passport Renewals

 In order to renew your passport by mail and use the online payment system, you must answer YES to all of the following:

  • I can submit my most recent U.S. passport book by mail with my renewal application;
  • I was at least 16 years old when my most recent passport book was issued;
  • I was issued my most recent U.S. passport book less than 15 years ago;
  • My most recent U.S. passport book has a validity of 10 years from issuance to expiration;
  • My most recent U.S. passport book was issued in my current name (or I can document my name change by submitting marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order with my passport application;) and
  • I currently reside in and/or have a valid mailing address in the Philippines.

If you do not meet these criteria, please see our Passport webpage for instructions on making an appointment to submit an application in person at either the Embassy in Manila or the Consular Agency in Cebu using the DS-11 form.

Instructions for Online Fee Payment for Adult Passport Renewals for U.S. citizens residing in the Philippines:

Note: You can only use this form to pay for one passport application at a time.  Fee payments for multiple renewal applications must be submitted separately.

 Step 1:  SIGN  and complete the DS-82 Passport Renewal Form.  Type or print clearly in blank ink.  Complete the form online at  You may complete the form legibly by hand after printing it from

Remember to provide a valid e-mail address and local contact number on the application form.

You must provide a Social Security number if you been issued one.  If you do not have a Social Security number, you must submit a signed declaration stating that you do not have one.  The statement does not have to be notarized.  Click here for a sample declaration.

Step 2:  Obtain one WHITE background color passport photo 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm) taken within the past six months; no eyeglasses.  See more information on photo requirements.

  • Staple the photo to the application (one staple vertically in each corner as close to the outer edges of the photo as possible).
  • Do not bend the photo.
  • You cannot wear eyeglasses in your passport photo, unless you have a signed note from your doctor that you can include with your application.

 Step 3:  Include one photocopy (color or black and white) of the data page of your previous U.S. passport.

 Step 4:  Include the passport you are renewing in the package you mail to the Embassy.

 Step 5:  Name change documents (if applicable) (original + one photocopy)

If you would like to change the name on your new passport due to marriage, divorce, or court order, please include proof of your name change.  Documents must be original with English translation if applicable (ex. Marriage certificate, Divorce Decree, Court Order).  For marriages in the Philippines, please submit the marriage certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).  If your name change occurred over a year ago, you may be asked to submit an original photo I.D. with signature under your new name.  Original documents will be returned to you.  Please type the new name you are requesting on the form and sign using the same signature on your current passport.  Once you receive your new passport under the new name, you may sign this new passport using your new signature.

Step 6:  Pay the $110 passport application fee via the U.S. government’s secure payment site.  In the name fields, please use your current legal name, even if it is different from the name that appears on your prior passport.  If you are submitting a payment on behalf of another passport renewal applicant, please enter their name.  All fields are required.

After successfully paying the fee, you must print out the electronic payment confirmation you receive via email and include it in the package you send to the Embassy in Manila. Online fee payment is currently available for passport book renewals only and not for card renewals.

Step 7:  Mail all the items listed above to the U.S. Embassy in Manila.  You are strongly encouraged to send your DS-82 passport renewal package via registered mail/courier.


American Citizen Services (Consular Section)

U.S. Embassy, 1201 Roxas Boulevard, 1000 Manila

You may send your application to the Embassy through any courier service or traceable mail service.  Air21 has a contracted pick-up and delivery service for adult passport renewals submitted to the Embassy.  If you send your application via Air21, the one-time fee covers two-way service:  pick-up of documents and delivery of the completed passport.  You may call (02) 8879-4747, Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., to arrange for Air21 to pick up your documents and deliver them to the Embassy.  Please verify the courier fee with Air21 directly, as costs may vary based on location or change without prior notice.

Step 8:  Wait for your passport.  Turn-around time averages four to six weeks.  Your previous, canceled passport will be delivered together with your new U.S. passport along with any original documents you submitted.

If you plan to travel within the next two weeks, you may book an appointment here to apply in person for an emergency passport.  Please bring proof of your travel if available.  If you require an earlier appointment date, please contact us at  Include your planned travel itinerary and a copy of your passport bio-page, and indicate “Emergency Passport” in the subject line of your email.