You may renew your passport with these instructions if all the following are true:
Your most recent U.S. passport:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change
- Contains no special endorsement that requires Department of State approval to renew.
If all the above bulleted statements apply, please follow the instructions below or on this CHECKLIST: (PDF 191 KB)
Step 1: Filling out the DS-82 FORM
- Electronically complete (fill out) and print the DS-82 Application for a U.S. Passport wizard form. If you experience trouble with this Passport Application Wizard, please click here for Form DS-82 (PDF format)(PDF 81.3 KB).
- Complete and print (PDF Format). You may also complete the form electronically by using the Passport Application Wizard by clicking here.
- Check that you have read the Privacy and Computer Fraud and Abuse Acts Notices and Disclaims and click submit.
- Print out the DS-82 form upon completion. Make sure to include a valid email on the form.
- Please note that some instructions and options on the form are only applicable in the United States.
Step 2: SUBMISSION METHOD (choose between two options)
Decide on your submission method for the DS-82 application. Payment must accompany all application submissions. The non-refundable application fee for an adult passport book renewal is $110.
- OPTION 1: BY APPOINTMENT. Click here to Book an Appointment. You, or a designated representative, will need to appear for your appointment date with the completed and signed DS-82 application form, recent 2”x2” photos on white background (no eye-glasses), and $110 passport fee (payable in USD, PHP or by credit card). If you are sending a representative on your behalf, the representative must have a written, signed authorization letter from you, authorizing the representative to apply and make payment for a passport renewal on your behalf. Please print the checklist by clicking here and bring all documents to your scheduled appointment.
- OPTION 2: SUBMIT APPLICATION BY MAIL WITH ENCLOSED U.S. DOLLAR DEMAND DRAFT: Include a US-dollar demand draft made out to “U.S. Embassy Manila” for $110 with your application. Currently, there are three (3) local banks participating in this mail-in dollar demand draft program: Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI), Banco De Oro (BDO) and Security Bank (SBC). Except for these three banks mentioned (BPI, BDO and SBC), we do not accept demand drafts from any other bank or any other financial instruments at this time and if an application is sent without the enclosed U.S. dollar demand draft, the application will be returned to you and will not be processed. Including any other form of payment with your application will result in significant delays in processing your application. If an application is sent without the enclosed U.S. dollar demand draft, the application will be returned to you and you will not be processed. Please make two (2) separate photocopies of the demand draft and enclose these with the original check and applicationform. If applying for an emergency passport, it is advisable to select the second option below (personal payment in cash). DO NOT INCLUDE CASH WITH YOUR MAIL-IN APPLICATION.
If applying for an emergency passport, it is advisable to select OPTION 1 (online appointment).
Please send all documents and, your U.S. dollar demand draft to the Embassy by one of the methods described below. Address all shipments to: Citizenship and Passport Unit, American Citizens Services, Consular Section, U.S. Embassy, 1201 Roxas Boulevard, 1000 Manila. (Note: Mailed-in applications may take a few days to be delivered to the ACS unit due to the large volume of mail received by the Embassy mailroom.)
- Embassy Courier service: Air21 provides a contracted pick-up and delivery service for adult passport renewals. If you send your application via Air21 courier, the one-time courier fee (P160 for within Metro Manila pick-up and P240 for outside Metro Manila pick-up) covers the two way service: pick-up of documents and delivery of the completed passport. You may call (02) 879-4747 to have Air21 courier pick-up the documents and deliver them to the Embassy. Please verify the courier fee with the Air21 courier as fees may vary in Air21 non-serviceable areas and subject to change without prior notice.
- Other Courier services: You may send your application to the Embassy through any other courier service.
- Philippine Postal Service: you may send your application to the Embassy through the regular Philippines mail.
Please include the following with your mailed-in application:
- Completed and signed DS-82 application form. NOTE: Social Security number (SSN) is required for all passport applications. You must provide your SSN on the application form if you have been issued one, in accordance with 22 U.S.C. 2714a and 22 C.F.R 51.60(f). If you do not have a Social Security number, you must submit a signed statement including the phrase, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct: I have never been issued a Social Security Number by the Social Security Administration.” This declaration or statement of “NO SSN” does not need to be notarized, but must be signed and dated and attached to the passport application.
- Your most recent passport and photocopy of the passport personal data page
- Two pieces 2″x 2″ photos (no eye glasses).
- Demand draft payment: enclose the U.S. dollar demand draft issued by the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI), Banco De Oro (BDO) or Security Bank (SBC) made out to “U.S. Embassy Manila” for $110.
- Two (2) separate PHOTOCOPIES of the demand draft
- Proof of Name change (if applicable)
- Do NOT enclose CASH payment! If an application is sent without the enclosed U.S. dollar demand draft, the application will be returned to you and will not be processed.
Emergency Travel in less than 2 weeks?
You may walk in to the Embassy only if you have a valid emergency travel and there is not enough time to process the full-ten year passport.
If you need an emergency passport and there are no available passport appointment slots on our online calendar prior to your intended travel date, you may walk-in at the Embassy with your confirmed itinerary or purchased ticket. If there are available slots before your travel date, we request that you book an appointment and bring a paper copy of confirmed itinerary or purchased ticket to your appointment.
Check for availability of appointment slots if applying for emergency passport by clicking here.
If there are no available slots available, follow our walk-in procedures by reading under Emergency Passports.
Step 3: DELIVERY OF COMPLETED PASSPORT
The passport will be processed and delivered within 4-6 weeks upon approval. For applications sent by mail, the expired U.S. passport (duly cancelled by the Embassy) will be delivered together with the new U.S. passport.