You may only apply for a U.S. passport if you are already in possession of one of the following documents:
- U.S. birth certificate (click here for the Department of State’s requirement for U.S. birth certificates).
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
If you do NOT have one of these documents but believe you have a claim to U.S. Citizenship, please click here.
If you have one of the above documents but have never had a U.S. passport, print the Passport Checklist by clicking here (PDF 289 KB) and follow the instructions below:
Read and print the Passport Checklist (PDF 289 KB).
Fill out electronically and print the DS-11 Application for a U.S. Passport wizard form. If you experience trouble with this Passport Application Wizard, click here for Form DS-11 (PDF format) (PDF 100 KB). To view PDF files, you need a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat. Get a free download from the Adobe website.
Check that you have read the Privacy and Computer Fraud and Abuse Acts Notices and Disclaims and click submit.
- Click Apply Online.
- Print the DS-11 form upon completion.
- Please note that some instructions and options on the form are only applicable in the United States.
Click here to schedule an appointment. Use a valid email address and print your confirmation.
Show up for your appointment. Follow all instructions on the checklist and bring all documents to your appointment. Once payment has been made and application has been approved, passport will be processed and delivered within 4-6 weeks.