Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit assists U.S. citizens in emergencies such as a death, arrest, illness, injury, missing persons, destitution, and other circumstances. For general information on the type of services that can be provided, please refer to the State Department’s website for travelers.
U.S. citizens needing emergency assistance may call the ACS section during normal business hours, 07:30 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm at (011632) 5301-2000 ext. 2246 or 2567. Outside of normal business hours, U.S. citizens may call the U.S. Embassy switchboard at (011632) 5301-2000, and request to speak with the “Duty Officer.”
Callers in the United States may also contact the U.S. Department of State’s Office of Overseas Citizen Services toll free at 1-888-407-4747 (from overseas call 1-202-501-4444).
For more information on crises and emergency assistance overseas, please see the State Department website on Emergencies and Crises.
For emergencies in the Philippines, please alert local authorities at the numbers below:
- National Emergency Hotline in the Philippines : 911
- Philippine National Police Hotline: 117 or (02) 8722-0650
- Philippine Red Cross: 143 or (02) 8527-8385 to 95
- Bureau of Fire Protection: (02) 8426-0219 or (02) 8426-3812
The Philippine government has publicized other important contact numbers that you may find helpful during emergency; http://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/emergency-hotlines/.
Please see the links below for information on emergency categories:
- Death of an American Citizen in the Philippines
- Arrest/detention of an American Citizen in the Philippines
- Victims of Crime in the Philippines
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- International Parental Child Abduction
- List of Hospitals in the Philippines