All appointments for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and Adult Derivative Citizenship applications at U.S. Embassy Manila will be made through a mail-in appointment scheduling system in order to provide better service to our clients. The system will reduce the wait time and help families prepare for the citizenship appointment at the Embassy. Please follow the instruction below.
CRBA Appointment Instructions
To request a citizenship appointment, please follow these instructions:
1. Print the CRBA checklist .
2. Gather all required documents, including the required application forms.
3. Send the following to the U.S. Embassy address provided below:
- a photocopy of all documents and completed forms (DO NOT send originals)
- a photocopy of the biopage of each parent’s passport or other identification
- the signed CRBA checklist
- your personal e-mail address
- a local (Philippines) phone number where you can be reached.
Citizenship and Passport Unit
American Citizens Services, Consular Section
U.S. Embassy 1201 Roxas Boulevard, 0930 Manila
4. Do NOT send originals of your documents.
5. All requests for citizenship appointments must be mailed or sent by courier. We recommend that you use a courier service so that you can track your packet. Drop-off requests at the Embassy will not be accepted.
Please be advised that we will schedule an appointment for you within 10 business days of receiving your application. If you cannot attend an appointment within this time frame, please attach a letter indicating your specific days of availability. If you are not yet prepared to confirm your appointment, please DO NOT MAIL your packet.
Citizenship appointments are in high demand and appointments can be rescheduled for emergencies only on a case by case basis. If your situation is not considered an emergency, you will need to proceed with the appointment given to you. The Embassy will only entertain requests for emergency rescheduling THREE (3) BUSINESS days prior to the appointment. Applicants who fail to show up for their scheduled appointments must start the appointment request process from the beginning.
6. Once your packet is received in ACS, our staff will e-mail you the date and time of your citizenship appointment and, if needed, a list of items you are missing.
7. The child/applicant must be present at the interview. Both parents are strongly encouraged to accompany the child.
8. Please arrive 30 minutes before your appointment time. Your appointment time is not the same as your interview time. Interview times depend on the number of applicants who appear for their appointments as well as the length of processing time for each case.
9. Please bring photos, originals of all required documents, I.D, and all application fees with you on the day of your appointment! Please refer to the CRBA checklist for details on required items.
10. Please come prepared! If your application is incomplete on the day of your appointment, you may be asked to schedule a new appointment. This will require that you start the appointment request process from the beginning.