DS-82 Passport Renewal Online Payment FAQs (Pay.gov)

Frequently Asked Questions


The U.S. Embassy and Consular Agency in the Philippines accept online fee payment for adult U.S. passport renewal applications via Pay.gov.

Paying online allows you to mail your application to the U.S. Embassy without the need to apply in person. Please see our passport renewal webpage for more information and to determine if you are eligible for passport renewal by mail and online fee payment. Fees can be paid online using an ACH Bank Account Transfer, U.S. or international credit/debit card, PayPal, or Amazon Pay. For more information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions below.

Q: Who is eligible to pay online and renew their passport by mail?

A: You may be eligible to apply to renew your passport via mail and pay online if you are an adult (16 years and older) who already has a 10-year U.S. passport book that was issued no more than 15 years ago. You must be a Philippine resident with a mailing address in the Philippines. Please check to see if you meet the eligibility requirements.

Q: I have a home in the Philippines but I’m currently in Singapore. The U.S. Embassy in Singapore is closer to me than the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines. I want to renew my passport in Singapore. Can I use this program?

A: No. This program is limited to current residents of the Philippines only. However, you may still schedule an appointment to submit your passport application at the U.S. Embassy in Singapore. Detailed, step-by-step instructions on scheduling a passport appointment should be available on Embassy Singapore’s website.

Q: Can minors (younger than 16 years) pay fees online and renew by mail?

A: No. Online fee payment and mail-in renewal is only available for adults (16 years and older) with a 10-year passport book that was issued within the last 15 years. See our website for more information on renewing a minor’s U.S. passport.

Q: What if I don’t have a passport book? Can I still participate?

A: No. To participate in the program, you must have a U.S. passport book that is/was valid for ten years in your possession. During the application process, you will be required to mail your current passport and your passport application to the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines. If you do not have your passport book in your possession, you must apply for a new one in person using a DS-11 passport application form. Please see our website for more information.

Q: What if I don’t have a passport book because it was lost or stolen? Can I still pay online and mail my application to the Embassy?

A: No. You must apply for a new passport in person at the U.S. Embassy. See our website for more information.

Q: What payment methods are available for use via Pay.gov?

You can pay the $110.00 fee online via ACH Bank Account Transfer, U.S. or international credit/debit card, PayPal, or Amazon Pay. This amount cannot be altered. You must pay the fee in U.S. dollars. Online fee payment is currently available for passport book renewals only, and not for a passport book and passport card combination.

Q: Do I need special software or computer equipment to pay for my U.S. passport via Pay.gov?

A: No. All you need is a computer or mobile device with internet access and a web browser. You may also need a printer to print the payment confirmation that will be sent to you by email. If you do not have a printer, you can go to any internet café to access your email and print the payment confirmation.

Q: Is the online process safe?

A: Yes. The payment form on Pay.gov will be encrypted to ensure your personal information is secure.

Q: How do I know that my payment information is secure?

A: Pay.gov is a secure portal used by more 40 U.S. government agencies to collect forms and payments. Pay.gov uses 128-bit SSL encryption to protect your transaction.

Q: How can I access the correct and secure payment form?

A: Applicants have reported issues with submitting their payment to the correct Embassy. There are different forms based on each region. Please make sure to follow our step-by-step guide, here, when you are applying to renew your adult passport in the Philippines.

Q: Can I pay for more than one passport at a time in a single transaction on Pay.gov?

A: No. You must complete a new payment form for each passport application.

Q: After a successful payment is made via Pay.gov for my passport renewal, where should I mail the email confirmation and completed DS-82 application form?

A: Please mail your electronic payment confirmation, current passport, passport photo, original proof of name change (if applicable), and signed DS-82 application to:

American Citizen Services (Consular Section)
U.S. Embassy, 1201 Roxas Boulevard, 1000 Manila

See our website for more information on mailing options.

Q: What are the steps for paying online for my U.S. passport renewal via Pay.gov?

1. Acknowledge the disclaimers and notices;
2. Verify your eligibility; 3. Visit the Pay.gov link;
4. Pay for the U.S. passport;
5. Await email confirmation for passport payment;
6. Print email confirmation of passport payment;
7. Complete the DS-82 application form including signature and photo;
8. Mail the email confirmation for passport payment, signed DS-82 application, prior passport, proof of name change (if applicable), and photo via mail/courier to the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines.

Q: What if I want to pay in person or I already have a U.S. dollar demand draft?

A: We no longer U.S. dollar demand drafts for mail-in renewals. We request that all eligible U.S. citizens renew their passports by mail and pay online. If you wish to renew a passport book and card at the same time, please see our website to book an appointment.

Q: What if I am having technical issues with Pay.gov?

A: Please email OnsiteFees@state.gov.

Q: How long will it take to receive my passport in the mail?

A: You should receive your passport by mail/courier within four to six weeks. If you have a need for immediate international travel, we may be able to issue you a limited validity emergency passport. You can make an appointment here to apply in person at the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines for an emergency passport. Please bring proof of travel if available. If you require an earlier appointment, contact us by e-mail at ACSInfoManila@state.gov. When you contact us by e-mail, please include your planned travel itinerary, a copy of your passport’s bio-data page, and indicate “Emergency Passport” in the subject line of your email. Additional information about emergency passports may be found on our website. We are unable to process requests for expedited services through Pay.gov.

Q: How do I check the status of my DS-82 application?

A: We request that you use a traceable courier service to submit your application packet to us, so you can track the progress of delivery. Please wait at least five business days after mailing your documents to the U.S. Embassy before sending an inquiry to us. You may check the status of your passport application using the Department of State’s U.S. Passport Application Status online application. Please note that shipping time from the printing facility in the United States to the Embassy in the Philippines is typically two to three weeks. Delivery times may vary depending on office staffing and COVID restrictions. You can also reach us by email at ACSInfoManila@state.gov.