An official website of the United States government

Social Security Administration

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Thank you for contacting the Federal Benefits Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Manila.  Due to public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the Philippines, operations in the Federal Benefits Unit may be limited; however, we typically respond to email inquiries within 15 business days.  We respectfully request that you avoid sending multiple emails, as this may cause further delays.


The Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in Manila provides services for the Social Security Administration (SSA) and other federal benefit agencies to customers in the Philippines and over 40 other countries in the Asia-Pacific Region. Please refer to SSA’s website  for a list of countries and the location of their servicing Federal Benefits Unit.

The FBU is unable to answer inquiries related to visas, passports, registrations of birth, voting, and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Please visit the Embassy Sections and Agencies page for assistance in contacting the appropriate section.

All services provided are free of charge and include:

  • Taking claims for entitlement to all types of Social Security benefits, including retirement, survivors, disability and lump sum death payment
  • Processing applications for new or replacement Social Security cards
  • Processing all post-entitlement issues, including foreign enforcement questionnaire, change of address, direct deposit enrollment, non-receipt of check issues
  • Resolving earnings discrepancies
  • Assisting with Medicare enrollment and non-coverage issues

For general information on Social Security, please visit www.SocialSecurity.gov .

Contact Us


You may contact us in a variety of ways, but the most efficient way is to contact us via our FBU Inquiry Form. We generally respond within fifteen (15) business days from the date of receipt.

To assist you with your concerns, we may ask for your Social Security Number (SSN), your date of birth and/or banking information. Providing this information is optional; however, we may need this information to answer your questions and fully assist you.


You may call us at +632-5301-2000 (Option 3, after selecting your preferred language) from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (Manila Time) every Tuesday and Thursday, except on U.S. and Philippine Holidays.

In-Office Appointments

To ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff, our in-person services are limited to appointment only. Currently, appointments are available on Mondays and Fridays from 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM. To schedule an appointment, please contact us using our FBU Inquiry Form and we will contact you to schedule the appointment. Please note that electronic devices (e.g., cell phones, laptops, etc.) are not allowed inside the Embassy.

Facsimile or Postal Mail

You may send your inquiry via fax to +632-8708-9714 or write to us at the following address:

 Mailing Address:
U.S. Embassy – Manila
Social Security Administration
1201 Roxas Boulevard
Manila, Philippines 0930



For OPM annuitants, we provide general services such as direct deposit enrollment, reporting of death and appointment of a Representative Payee. For all other services, please email OPM directly at retire@opm.gov. For more information about OPM, you may visit their website at www.opm.gov .

For veterans living overseas, please visit VA’s website  for more information.