IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Department of State has temporarily extended the expiration period requirement for Seafarer Visa Reissuance Program(SeaVRP) from within 12 months to 24 months. This policy is in effect until March 31, 2021, and applicable for applicants renewing their nonimmigrant visa in the same classification, including C1/D and B1-OCS. The appointment slots is also at 12:00 PM. Please be reminded that only the designated liaison officer of your company may come to the Embassy to submit C1/D (SeaVRP) applications. No personal appearances by an applicant will be allowed.
The Nonimmigrant Visa Unit has a Seafarer Reissuance Program (SeaVRP) which allocates expedited appointments and the possibility of a waived interview for C1/D applicants who meet the following conditions:
- Be a Philippine passport holder;
- Possess a full-validity (5 years) C1/D visa that is either still valid or has expired within the last 12 months;
- Have no visa refusal in any visa class since the last issuance;
- Have no criminal history; and
- Belong to an accredited manning agency.
B1-OCS applicants are also eligible provided they meet the guidelines above for their B1-OCS visa and have a valid U.S. Coast Guard letter. B1-Yacht applicants and B1-Dry Dock workers will be required to interview with a consular officer and are not eligible for the SeaVRP program.
Accredited manning agencies will book an appointment in the designated timeslot which is 12:00 pm from Monday to Friday. Once the appointment is booked, a representative from the manning agency will submit the following documents in person:
- Confirmation page of the DS-160, Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form
- A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date of at least six months beyond the applicant’s intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)
- The passport containing the most recently issued visa and all previous passports covering the entire period from issuance of his/her last full-validity C1/D visa to the present
- One (1) 2×2 photograph
- Guarantee Letter from the applicant’s manning agency
- Drop Off Liaison Officers must also submit copies of a manifest of all applicants from the manning agency that are submitted on that date.
- The manifest must include the date and time of the appointment for the applicant, applicant’s name, date of birth, passport number and date of expiration for the most recently expired visa
- The manifest must be alphabetized by last name
- All information for one applicant must be printed on the same page (multiple applicants can appear on that page, but make sure the information is not cut off).