An official website of the United States government

Passport Services
Apply for or renew a U.S. Passport


REMINDER: Cell phones and other electronic devices are prohibited in the Embassy and Consular Agency; please do not bring these items with you to your appointment.

Apply For or Renew a U.S. Passport

The Passport & Citizenship Unit provides passport services to U.S. citizens in the Philippines, at the Embassy in Manila and the Consular Agency in Cebu, by appointment only.

To determine which passport forms you will need to fill out, which original documents to provide, and which procedures you need to follow, please reference the U.S. passport webpage on Travel.State.GovThen, return to this page to find important information on how to either mail your DS-82 renewal to the Embassy, or to schedule an appointment to apply in person with form DS-11 at the U.S. Embassy in Manila or Consular Agency in Cebu.

If you were born in the Philippines and are applying for your first ever U.S. passport, please visit our citizenship page.

We are not providing walk-in services at this time in Manila or Cebu.  Passport services are not available on weekends, or on the Philippine or U.S. Holidays.

If you have confirmed travel within the next two weeks, contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila at ACSInfoManila@state.gov to request an appointment for an emergency passport.  Write “emergency passport” in the subject line of your email and attach a copy of your current passport and itinerary.  We cannot issue emergency passports in Cebu.



First-Time Adult Passport
Minor Passport (First-Time Passport or Renewal)
Replace a Lost, Stolen or Damaged Passport
Renew a Passport Issued More Than 15 Years Ago


Visit Forms to find the form you need and begin the process of completing and submitting your passport application. If you are unsure which form you need, the Passport Wizard can guide you to the correct form.

Processing times vary depending on demand. If you are traveling within the next two weeks, please see the Emergency Passports section.

Passport services are not available on weekends or on Philippine or U.S. holidays.