An official website of the United States government

Obtaining Public Documents
March 31, 2022

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

Documents provided by the Philippine government are needed for many embassy services.  The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) formerly the National Statistics Office (NSO) Civil Registrar has a helpful FAQ sheet on requesting any of the documents below. Documents can also be requested online from PSA here. Additionally, documents may be obtained through the PSA hotline at 02-8737-1111, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday , except Philippine holidays or email us at help@psahelpline.ph.

Documents Available from PSA:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Record of No Marriage
  • Dissolution of Marriage
  • Adoption
  • Death Certificate

For Philippine passport, notarization/authentication of documents, Visa Extensions, Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR), Philippine Consular Establishments in the United States and Philippine driver’s license: