An official website of the United States government

Missing Persons
January 1, 2022

If you are concerned about the welfare or whereabouts of an American citizen in the Philippines, we may be able to provide information. If you are in the United States, you may call the Department of State’s Overseas Citizens Services (OCS) toll-free hotline at (888)407-4747 during the hours 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (EST) Monday through Friday. At all other times, call the duty officer twenty-four hours a day at 202-647-4000. You may also contact the American Citizens Services Branch of the Embassy at (02) 5301-2000. Please give the office as many particulars as you can about the individual – physical description, where seen last, itinerary, interests, etc. The Embassy will attempt to contact the missing individual and advise them of your concern.

If you wish to locate a Filipino citizen in the United States, please contact a Philippine Consulate in the U.S.

If you wish to locate a child believed to be missing in the United States, please contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC).

If the missing child is an American citizen and is believed to be in the Philippines, please contact the Office of American Citizen’s Services in the Department of State (202-736-7000) or the American Citizens Services Branch in the U.S. Embassy.

Please be aware that Privacy Act restrictions often prohibit the Embassy from releasing information to you about missing person(s) without his/her consent.