November 8, 2017
Message for U.S. Citizens: U.S. Embassy Closure November 13-15, 2017 due to ASEAN Summit
Due to road closures and other events related to the 31st Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit and Related Summits, the U.S. Embassy would like to inform residents and visitors of the following:
- The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy will be closed to the public for routine services Monday, November 13 through Wednesday, November 15, 2017. No visa appointments or other services will be available. Assistance will be available only to U.S. citizens requiring emergency services. U.S. citizens requiring emergency assistance should contact the U.S. Embassy at (63) (2) 301-2000.
- From November 11 to 15, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will temporarily close portions of EDSA, Roxas Boulevard, and other roads to accommodate delegates attending the ASEAN Summit. Road access to the U.S. Embassy compound on Roxas Boulevard will be severely curtailed or blocked during this time.
- The U.S. Embassy encourages citizens to monitor local media for updates on road, airport, and other facility closures and traffic delays throughout Metro Manila during this time period.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.