October 24, 2017
Message for U.S. Citizens: Social Security Administration Services in Cebu – November 21-22, 2017
The U.S. Embassy would like to inform U.S. citizens that representatives from the Social Security Administration (SSA) will be available at the U.S. Consular Agency office in Cebu on Tuesday, November 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Wednesday, November 22 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Please note that Consular services such as passport application processing, citizenship application processing, or notarials will not be available on these days.
SSA will provide the following services:
- Discuss basic entitlement requirements for the different types of Social Security benefits.
- Develop benefit claims. Retirement and disability applications can be done online at www.ssa.gov and do not require an interview.
- Process Social Security number applications.
- Resolve post-entitlement cases; e.g., changes of address, reports of death, Medicare enrollments, direct deposit enrollments, non-receipt of benefits, etc.
For all concerns related to SSA, please call +63-2-301-2000 extension 9 or email FBU.Manila@ssa.gov.
The staff working at the Consular Agency during this period will not be able to answer questions related to services from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). For questions related to VA, please contact them directly at +63-2-550-3888 or visit www.va.gov.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.