August 1, 2017
Message for U.S. Citizens: Consular Agency in Cebu – Services Available August 7-11, 2017
The U.S. Embassy would like to inform U.S. citizens that the U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu will be open August 7-11, 2017 for routine services during normal walk-in hours from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Services provided during this time will include notary, legal capacity affidavit, passport, and emergency services.
The U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu is scheduled to re-open September 11-15, 2017 for routine services.
The U.S. Embassy would also like to remind U.S. citizens that representatives from the Social Security Administration (SSA) will be available at the U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu on Wednesday, August 2, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Thursday, August 3, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
SSA will provide the following services:
- Discuss basic entitlement requirements for the different types of Social Security benefits.
- Develop benefit claims. Retirement and disability applications can be completed online at www.ssa.gov and do not require an interview.
- Process Social Security number applications.
- Resolve post-entitlement cases, including change of address, report of death, Medicare enrollment, direct deposit enrollment, and non-receipt of benefits.
The staff working at the Consular Agency on August 2 and 3 will not offer passport, notary, legal capacity affidavit, or emergency services, nor will they answer questions related to services from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). For questions related to VA, please contact them directly at +63-2-550-3888.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.