September 23, 2016
The U.S. Consular Agency office in Cebu will not offer Passport, Notary and CRBA services on Monday, September 26, 2016. However, the Agency will remain open for inquiries and emergency assistance. Routine paid services for walk-in customers will resume on Tuesday, September 27, 2016.
On September 26 the Consular Agency office in Cebu will be able to assist with the following during regular hours for walk-in customers:
- Routine Inquiries (walk-in, phone and email)
- Voting Assistance
- Providing Forms and Information Pamphlets
- CRODA (Consular Report of Death Abroad) Acceptance
- Emergency Assistance
Routine paid services such as notaries, legal capacity certificates, passports and Consular Report of Birth Abroad will NOT be available.
If you need to contact the Cebu office, you may call (63 32) 231-1261. To send a fax, dial (63 32) 231-0174. Alternatively, you may contact the Agency by email at AmConCebinfo@yahoo.com or via the U.S. Embassy in Manila by emailing ACSInfoManila@state.gov.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).