September 27, 2016
The U.S. Consular Agency office in Cebu will be closed to the public on September 28, 2016. On September 29 and 30 the U.S. Consular Agency office in Cebu will not offer Passport, Notary and CRBA services. However, the Agency will remain open for inquiries and emergency assistance. Beginning October 3, 2016 all services for walk-in customers are suspended in Cebu until further notice.
On September 29 and 30 the Consular Agency office in Cebu will be able to assist with the following during regular hours for walk-in customers:
- Routine Inquiries (walk-in, phone and email)
- Voting Assistance
- Providing Forms and Information Pamphlets
- CRODA (Consular Report of Death Abroad) Acceptance
- Emergency Assistance
Routine paid services such as notaries, legal capacity certificates, passports and Consular Report of Birth Abroad will NOT be available on these days.
If you need to contact the Cebu office on September 29 or 30, you may call (63 32) 231-1261. To send a fax, dial (63 32) 231-0174. Alternatively, you may contact the U.S. Embassy by email at ACSInfoManila@state.gov.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).