U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
October 21, 2020
Message for U.S. Citizens: Virtual Town Hall for U.S. Citizens in the Philippines
Do you have questions about the services available for U.S. citizens at the U.S. Embassy in Manila or the U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu? Wondering about the status of services provided by the Federal Benefits Unit and the Department of Veterans Affairs office in Manila? Join us for a virtual town hall to discuss these and other issues on Wednesday, October 28, 2020, from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm.
Hosted by the Embassy’s American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit, the virtual town hall is open to all U.S. citizens in the Philippines. To join:
WebEx Join via Browser:
- From Chrome, go to the address https://statedept.webex.com
- Enter the 9-digit meeting number ( 199 607 5648 ) in the “Enter meeting information” field and press enter
- Enter the meeting password ( 673522) and click “OK”
- Click “Join Meeting”
- Enter your name in the “Your full name” field and your email address in the “Email address” field and click “Next”
- Enter the meeting password and click “Next”
WebEx Join via Desktop App:
- Copy and paste the meeting URL in the field under “Join a Meeting” and click “Join” URL:https://statedept.webex.com/statedept/j.php?MTID=m4509975598a43be771a953357faac836
WebEx Join via Mobile Application: Before the conference, please download and install Cisco WebEx Meetings on your mobile device:
- Once the application is open, click the “Join Meeting” button
- Enter (or copy and paste) the meeting URL in the “Meeting number or URL” field and then enter your name in the “Your name” field and your email address in the “Email address” field. (URL: https://statedept.webex.com/statedept/j.php?MTID=m4509975598a43be771a953357faac836
- Tap the “Join” button.
- Please plan to join 10 minutes early so that you can troubleshoot any connectivity issues.
- Edit the username that shows on the screen so we may acknowledge you properly.
- Please mute yourself by clicking the microphone icon on the bottom of the screen to help keep background noise to a minimum.
- Use the chat function on the right side of your screen to ask questions.
- If you are using your web camera to join, kindly adjust or choose an appropriate background image for your video.
- Please DO NOT record the town hall.
- This event is not open to press/media.
We look forward to seeing you on October 28!
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 5301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.