U.S. Embassy Manila, Philippines
U.S. Consular Agency Cebu, Philippines
July 7, 2023
Message for U.S. Citizens: Social Security Administration Remote Servicesat Consular Agency Cebu August 14 – 17, 2023
U.S. Embassy representatives from the Social Security Administration (SSA) will conduct a remote services event at the Consular Agency in Cebu from Monday, August 14, through Thursday, August 17, 2023.
Services will be provided by appointment only. To request an appointment, please email FBU.Manila@ssa.gov with the subject line, “Cebu Outreach Appointment Request.” Individuals who are approved for an appointment will be provided a date and time via email. To ensure the safety of both staff and visitors, we ask that only those who are required to appear in person attend the appointment.
SSA will provide the following services:
- Discuss basic entitlement requirements for the different types of Social Security benefits.
- Develop benefit claims. Most applications can also be completed online at www.ssa.gov/apply.
- Process Social Security Number (SSN) applications.
- Resolve post-entitlement issues (e.g., change of address, report of death, Medicare enrollment, direct deposit enrollment, non-receipt of benefits, etc.)
To expedite your visit, please bring both the originals and photocopies of documents that you need to submit to SSA. The SSA representative will keep the photocopies and return the original documents to you.
Only representatives from the Social Security Administration will be present at this remote services event. Embassy staff will be unable to answer questions regarding American Citizen Services (ACS), the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
For further information and assistance:
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines, Federal Benefits Unit: +632-5301-2000; FBU Inquiry Form
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Philippines Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook