Message for U.S. Citizens: Social Security Administration in Cebu City October 22 – 26, 2018
U.S. Embassy representatives from the Social Security Administration (SSA) will be available in Cebu City October 22 – 26, 2018. To schedule an appointment, please contact SSA by e-mail at FBU.Manila@ssa.gov. A representative will notify each person of the time, date, and location.
SSA will provide the following services:
- Discuss basic entitlement requirements for the different types of Social Security benefits.
- Develop benefit claims. Retirement and disability applications can be completed online at www.ssa.gov and do not require an interview.
- Process Social Security number applications.
- Resolve post-entitlement cases; e.g., changes of address, reports of death, Medicare enrollments, direct deposit enrollments, non-receipt of benefits, etc.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.