United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
United States Consular Agency Cebu, Philippines
Message for U.S. Citizens: Severe Storms- Precautionary Measures
October 30, 2020
Location: The Philippines
Event: Severe Storms- Precautionary Measures
Severe Tropical Storm‘GONI’ is headed towards eastern Luzon, Philippines.It is expected to be a Category 1 Typhoon by this weekend, with strong winds and heavy rains, and is projected to make landfall near Luzon in the later part of Sunday, November 1.
Typhoon Rolly is currently in the Philippine Area of Responsibility and heavy rains are expected tonight over Luzon and the Visayas. Typhoon Rolly is expected to affect the Bicol Region on October 31.
Please consider the following:
1. Clear or secure outside items located on your balconies and parking area. Clear balcony drains of any blockages.
2. Close windows.
3. Stay current on weather developments: Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) http://www.pagasa.dost.gov.ph
4. Stay inside. Plan on indoor activities.
5. Stock up on your favorite food and drink.
6. Ensure you have first-aid supplies.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 5301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.