Message for U.S. Citizens: Road Closures and Detours on November 20-21
The Manila District Traffic Enforcement Unit and the Philippine National Police have informed the U.S. Embassy of road closures and detours expected during the visit of Xi Jinping, President of the People’s Republic of China on November 20-21, 2018. For security purposes, actual road closing and opening times have not been provided. U.S. citizens are advised to monitor the situation and plan their routes accordingly.
Due to the road closures, access to the U.S. Embassy on Roxas Boulevard in Manila will be severely restricted and services at the U.S. Embassy will be affected.
For emergencies, please call the duty officer at +(63) (2) 301-2000.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.