United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Message for U.S. Citizens: Remote Services in Iloilo City on April 14, 2023
The U.S. Embassy’s American Citizen Services (ACS) team will visit Iloilo City on April 14 to provide services to U.S. citizens including:
- Notary services,
- Acceptance of Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) applications, and
- Acceptance of U.S. passport applications. Please note that many passport renewals can be submitted by mail—visit https://ph.usembassy.gov/passports/ for details. While all applicants are welcome to attend, personal appearances are only required for:
- Applications by minors under age 18 (both parents must also appear, if possible),
- Replacement of lost or stolen passports,
- First-time passport applications, or the first application after age 16, and
- Applications to renew a passport issued more than 15 years ago.
The Embassy has received confirmation that the Philippines Bureau of Immigration will attend this event.
Representatives from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will be present to provide services including:
- Fielding general inquiries on available VA benefits,
- Taking inquiries on specific claims, and
- Assisting in filling out VA application forms for benefits including compensation, pension, death benefits, burial benefits, dependent claims, and change of address
Personnel from the VA Outpatient Clinic will:
- Answer questions about the Foreign Medical Plan (FMP),
- Schedule medical appointments,
- Determine eligibility for medical care,
- Assist in enrollment in MyHealth/E-Vet, and
- Provide preventive health services and checks, including vaccinations for influenza, pneumonia, tetanus-diphtheria (TDAP), etc.
The Social Security Administration will provide remote telephone assistance during this event.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 8301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 8301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Details on the location and time for the event, as well as a schedule of fees for citizenship services, will be announced shortly before April 14—stay tuned for more information.