United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
United States Consular Agency, Cebu Philippines
February 3, 2021
Message for U.S. Citizens: Notary Services during the Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
Limited notary services will be available by appointment only at the U.S. Embassy in Manila and the U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu effective Tuesday, February 9, 2021. Appointments will remain limited as we continue to maintain social distancing among customers and staff during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
If you need a document notarized urgently, including the “Affidavit of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage,” you may want to consider one of the options listed on our website instead of notarization at the Embassy or Consular Agency, as we expect appointment availability to remain limited.
Before booking an appointment, please consult the Department of State’s travel information website at travel.state.gov for detailed information about the types of notary services U.S. embassies typically can provide.
For more information on notary services in the Philippines, including how to make an appointment at Embassy Manila or Consular Agency Cebu (if you are unable to obtain a notary elsewhere), please see our website.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 5301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.