United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
United States Consular Agency Cebu, Philippines
January 13, 2021
Health Alert: Updated Requirements for Travel to the United States
Effective January 26, 2021, all air passengers traveling to the United States from a foreign country, including U.S. citizens, must present either proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of departure, or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or documentation of recovery for all passengers before they board. Additional information is available on the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the CDC’s website for more information before you book travel to the United States.
- Check with your airline, cruise line, or travel operator for information on how testing requirements and other restrictions may affect your plans.
- See the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage for information about conditions in the Philippines.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 5301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.