United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (March 23, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
Cebu Sweeper Flights – The U.S. Embassy has been advised by Philippine local authorities that there may be “sweeper” flights available tomorrow, March 24, 2020, from Cebu. For more information and seat reservations, please immediately contact the Mactan Cebu International Airport (MCIA) Help Desk, telephone 032-494-9000.
Clark to Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) – According to local authorities, a P2P (Point to Point) shuttle service is available to transport airline passengers from Clark to NAIA in Manila. Please reach out directly to Mr. De Guzman, Genesis Transport at 09992219767.
NAIA – Please check the NAIA Facebook page here for updated information about flights.
Department of Tourism (DOT) –
- The DOT created a Tourism Airport Team to provide 24-hour service to tourists at airports including assistance in arranging flights, securing bookings, transportation, meals and accommodation. DOT regional offices are assisting all stranded passengers. DOT staff are present in airports.
- The DOT Directory of Regional Offices can be found at: http://www.tourism.gov.ph/regional_offices.aspx
- The DOT advises all foreign nationals wishing to reach our international airports to go to the following link and send their complete name, exact location and desired destination:
- Go to the Messenger icon to post the above information.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airlines and contacts above directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates (STEP)
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook