Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Manila, Philippines, March 14, 2020
Location: The Philippines
The government of the Philippines has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The government of the Philippines has also announced that there will be no domestic land, air, or sea travel to or from Metro Manila from March 15, 2020 until April 14, 2020, subject to the government of Philippines’ review.
It has also been widely reported that curfews are in effect for some municipalities in the National Capital Region of Manila to limit exposure to the COVID-19 virus. The curfews discourage residents from leaving their homes after 8:00 p.m. and before 5:00 a.m., except to access basic necessities and work. If you live in an area that has imposed a local curfew ordinance, please plan your activities accordingly.
Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the Philippines Department of Health website here for additional information on these new measures.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.