United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (May 5, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
24 HOURS LEFT to Register Interest in Special Philippine Airlines Flight:
U.S. Citizens in the Philippines: There are 24 hours left to register your interest in the special Philippine Airlines (PAL) May 9 flight to LAX and/or sweeper flights. The registration link will close on Wednesday, May 6 at 8:00 p.m. (Manila time). Click here to register NOW. All flights are contingent upon sufficient demand. So far, PAL has advised that the Bacolod, Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, Dumaguete, Davao, Iloilo, and Tacloban sweeper flights already have sufficient demand.
Check your contact details and keep your phone on and handy. You must indicate a working phone number for PAL to call. Please check your contact details carefully when completing the survey, and make sure to include any local or international area codes. PAL is having difficulty reaching some U.S. citizens who submitted a form indicating their interest – their telephone numbers are either incomplete or unattended. A PAL representative will contact you directly in the next few days to arrange payment and confirm your seat. PAL requests that passengers not call them for a status update as this will clog up their lines and increase wait time. If you have registered, please make sure you are available to receive PAL’s call, which might be from a number you don’t recognize. All flight arrangements will be made by PAL.
For the PAL sweeper flights, you MUST have proof of an onward international flight. If that flight is NOT within 24 hours, you also MUST have proof of a confirmed hotel reservation in Manila until your international flight departs. You CANNOT take a sweeper flight without an onward international flight confirmation.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.