United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (May 3, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
Event: Deadline to Register Interest in Special Philippine Airlines Flight:
U.S. citizens in the Philippines: Deadline to register your interest in the special Philippine Airlines (PAL) May 9 flight to LAX and/or sweeper flights closes at 8:00 p.m. tonight. Click HERE to register NOW. Demand for this special flight is high so PAL has begun calling those who expressed interest. Keep your phone handy and have your credit card ready to purchase when they call you.
If you want to take the PAL sweeper flights, you MUST have proof of an onward international flight. If that flight is not within 24 hours, you also MUST have proof of a confirmed hotel reservation in Manila until your international flight departs. You CANNOT take a sweeper flight without an onward international flight confirmation.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.