United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (May 15, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
Two Special Flights to Assist Stranded U.S. Citizens:
U.S. citizens in the Philippines:
Philippine Airlines (PAL) has announced that there will now be TWO dedicated user-pay flights to the United States:
- May 21 from Manila to Los Angeles, with two domestic sweeper flights – one from Cebu and one from Davao.
- May 26 from Manila to San Francisco, with eight domestic sweeper flights from Bacolod, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Dumaguete, Iloilo, Siargao, and Tagbilaran.
The deadline to register your interest in these special PAL May 21 and May 26 dedicated user-pay flights to Los Angeles and San Francisco and/or sweeper flights closes on Monday, May 18 at 11:59 PM. Click here to register NOW.
Manila to LAX/SFO economy tickets are USD $1,200 (plus taxes and fees). Domestic sweeper flight costs are USD $200 (plus taxes and fees).
All flight arrangements will be made by PAL, not the Embassy. You must submit a working phone number and include all local or international area codes. PAL will contact you directly to arrange payment and ticketing after you have registered for the flights, so check your contact details carefully before submitting the survey and keep your phone on and handy.
PAL had difficulty reaching some U.S. citizens who submitted a form indicating their interest for the previous flights – their telephone numbers were either incomplete or unattended. This caused some to miss this opportunity. PAL requests that passengers not call them for a status update as this will clog up their lines and increase wait time. Once you have registered, please make sure you are available.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.