United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (May 15, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
The Philippine Government Announces Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) for Metro Manila, Laguna, and Cebu City:
The Philippine government announced that Metro Manila, Laguna, and Cebu City will transition from an ECQ to a Modified ECQ on May 16 and will remain in this state until May 31. Please continue to monitor news and local authorities for further updates.
Local Government Units (LGUs), i.e. cities and municipalities in the National Capital Region, may still have curfews in effect to limit exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Some provinces have implemented their own community quarantines. If you live in an area that has imposed a local curfew ordinance or similar community quarantine, please plan your activities and travel accordingly and monitor the relevant LGU’s website for their rules and regulations.
Please comply with local quarantine requirements and strictly follow local authorities. Regardless of location, U.S. citizens are encouraged to continue to practice proper anti-virus safety protocols, such as frequent hand washing and social distancing.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.