United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (May 1, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
U.S. Embassy and Philippine Airlines Partner to Assist Stranded U.S. Citizens:
U.S. citizens in the Philippines: We are partnering with Philippine Airlines (PAL) for a dedicated user-pay flight to Los Angeles on Saturday, May 9, including sweeper flights to Manila from Bacolod, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Dumaguete, General Santos, Iloilo, Kalibo, Laoag, Legaspi, Puerto Princesa, Siargao, Tacloban, and Tagbilaran. Each flight will be contingent on meeting a minimum number of travelers. Please click here to begin the process to register your intent and purchase a ticket.
Manila to LAX economy tickets are USD $1,200 (plus taxes and fees). Domestic sweeper flight costs are USD $200 (plus taxes and fees). All flight arrangements will be made by PAL, not the Embassy. PAL will contact you to arrange payment and ticketing after you have registered for the flights, so check your contact details carefully before submitting. Please be patient as this will take some time.
The deadline for registration is Sunday, May 3 at 8:00 PM.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.