United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (March 30, 2020)
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Sweeper Flight Cebu-Manila on March 30 – UPDATE
There are still seats available on today’s 1:30 PM (March 30) Cebu-Manila sweeper flight.
All interested travelers need to go immediately to the Mactan Cebu Airport to sign up and buy tickets with Philippine Airlines (PAL). PAL will continue to accept passengers until 12:30 PM.
If this flight is not filled, this may be the last Cebu-Manila sweeper flight.
The Philippine Department of Tourism (DOT) and Mactan Cebu Airport Terminal provided the following:
- Philippine Airlines (PAL) has confirmed a Cebu-Manila sweeper flight scheduled for Monday, March 30 at 1330H (1:30 PM).
- There are currently still seats available.
- Mactan Airport authorities recommend that interested travelers go to the Mactan Cebu Airport PAL office directly, which opens at 10:30 AM, to purchase their tickets today.
- According to DOT, travelers no longer need to present a hotel booking in Manila or an onward travel ticket to signup for the sweeper flights.
Mactan Cebu Airport Terminal previously relayed the following:
- Foreign nationals wishing to take the Cebu-Manila Philippine Airlines sweeper flight will now be allowed to enlist through email instead of inquiring and signing up in person at the airport.
- Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, nationality, active telephone number, and state your request to be enlisted in the Cebu-Manila sweeper flight.
- According to PAL, the cost of the flight from Cebu to Manila is Php 10,122 per passenger.
- Passengers may call the Mactan Cebu Airport Help Desk at mobile numbers 0917-573-7180 or 0917-570-3060 or landline numbers (32) 494-9000 ext 7300 or (32) 494-7000 ext 7300 for more information.
- Passengers may also contact the Department of Tourism (DOT) at 0917-304-2613.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airline and contacts above directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.