United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (March 28, 2020)
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Potential Sweeper Flight Cebu-Manila – UPDATE
Mactan Cebu Airport Terminal relayed the following UPDATE:
- Foreign nationals wishing to take the Cebu-Manila Philippine Airlines sweeper flight will now be allowed to enlist through email instead of inquiring and signing up in person at the airport.
- Send an email message to email@example.com with your full name, nationality, active telephone number, and state your request to be enlisted in the Cebu-Manila sweeper flight.
Mactan Cebu Airport Terminal previously relayed the following:
- A sweeper flight from Cebu to Manila may be arranged if there are at least 199 foreign nationals to fill the flight. Currently, an additional 50 foreign national travelers are required.
- Potential travelers must show proof of an outbound international flight out of Manila or a hotel reservation in Manila.
- Travelers are required to inquire in person and present their documents at the information counter in the domestic departure area (Terminal 1) as soon as possible. In order to be waitlisted, travelers must include an active mobile number and email, so they can be informed about the sweeper flight.
- The flight is subject to the number of passengers who will purchase tickets at the Philippine Airlines (PAL) ticketing office located at the Mactan Airport.
- According to PAL, the cost of the flight from Cebu to Manila is Php 10,122 per passenger.
- Passengers may call the Mactan Cebu Airport Help Desk at mobile numbers 0917-573-7180 or 0917-570-3060 or landline numbers (32) 494-9000 ext 7300 or (32) 494-7000 ext 7300 for more information.
- Passengers may also contact the Department of Tourism (DOT) at 0917-304-2613.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airline and contacts above directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.