United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (March 27, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
Consider your plan to shelter in place: While the U.S. Embassy is exploring all options to address the current travel disruptions, we strongly encourage U.S. citizens to make necessary preparations if staying in the Philippines during the quarantine period. Please comply with local quarantine requirements and strictly follow local authorities.
All Flights to Operate Out of Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 1 Beginning March 28, 2020:
As more and more air carriers suspend operations due to COVID-19, the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) is streamlining its operations concentrating remaining flights to just one terminal.
Singapore Airlines has announced that it will start suspending flights to and from Manila beginning March 29, 2020. Philippine Airlines suspended international flight operations on March 26, 2020.
For more information, contact the airlines directly or visit the MIAA Facebook and Twitter pages for an updated schedule of international flights.
Passengers in the National Capital Region (NCR) can book a hotel online or visit the DOT airport office for assistance at 4/F Terminal 1, Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Pasay; Point of Contact is Ms. Jenny Factora through mobile number +63 927-993-5965. Please note the Embassy cannot cover costs related to your stay. This list is provided by the Philippine Department of Tourism; the fact that the Embassy is listing the establishments here should not be construed as an endorsement. DOT NCR provided below list of hotels in operation near the airport terminals and at the Entertainment City in Pasay:
|NO||NAME OF ESTABLISHMENTS||PRICE RANGE||CONTACT DETAILS|
|2||HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS||₱4,270||(02) 7908 8600|
|3||HILTON HOTEL||₱5,500||(02) 7239 7788|
|1||ORCHID GARDEN SUITES||P 2600-5250||9154864341|
|2||RAMADA MANILA CENTRAL||₱2,000||9171403153|
|3||HOTEL KIMBERLY MANILA||P2000 for 15 days P1800 for 30days||9175945123|
Please contact the hotel first and note that this information may be subject to change without notice. Outside Manila, the Embassy has been advised that the following hotels are available in the Cebu area:
- The Bellavista Hotel: Tel: 340-7821.
- Best Suites: Tel: 09228175643.
- Eloisa Royal Suites: 492-1913/09173091921.
- Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino: Tel: 09985948550.
- Maribago Bluewater: Tel: 09988430859.
- Crown Regency Guadalupe: 09176292222.
Rental car information:
The DOT-NCR also provided the below information for transportation requirements:
Nissan Rent-A-Car from NAIA for guests who may want to arrange pick-up/drop-off to and from NAIA Terminals:
- 0917-8195406 (Globe)·
- 0917-5987201 (Globe)
- 0917-5987223 (Globe)
- 0998-9637682 (Smart)
JS Travel & Tours Tourist Rent-A-Car contact number: +63917-3096563
For U.S. citizens outside the NCR, please continue to coordinate with the DOT Regional Offices in your area for assistance.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airlines and contacts directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.