United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (March 26, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
Most international flights to be suspended: Several airlines have already suspended or indicated intent to suspend international flights until April 14, 2020, or until further notice. While the U.S. Embassy has been making every effort possible to assist U.S. citizens through coordination with local authorities including the Philippine Department of Tourism (DOT), options to fly within and out of the Philippines are extremely limited. Please monitor the DOT for announcement of available sweeper flights.
Please visit the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) Facebook and Twitter page for an updated schedule of international flights.
Consider your plan to shelter in place: While the U.S. Embassy attempts to address these continuing challenges in assisting U.S. citizens, please make necessary preparations if staying in the Philippines during the quarantine period. Please comply with local quarantine requirements and strictly follow local authorities.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airlines and contacts above directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.