United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (March 26, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
All Flights to Operate Out of Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 1 Beginning March 28, 2020:
As more and more air carriers suspend operations due to COVID-19, the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) is streamlining its operations concentrating remaining flights to just one terminal.
Beginning 0001H (12:01 A.M.) of March 28, 2020, the following airlines will be operating to and from NAIA Terminal 1:
Etihad Airways, Gulf Air, Oman Air, Korean Airlines, Asiana Airlines, China Airlines, Hong Kong Air, Eva Air, Japan Airlines, Jeju Air, All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airways, and Singapore Airlines.
Singapore Airlines, however, has announced that it will start suspending flights to and from Manila beginning March 29, 2020.
Philippine Airlines has also announced suspension of international flight operations starting March 26, 2020.
According to MIAA, sweeper flights will be serviced at NAIA Terminal 2.
For more information, contact the airlines directly or visit the MIAA Facebook and Twitter pages for an updated schedule of international flights.
Consider your plan to shelter in place: While the U.S. Embassy attempts to address these continuing challenges in assisting U.S. citizens, please make necessary preparations if staying in the Philippines during the quarantine period. Please comply with local quarantine requirements and strictly follow local authorities.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airlines and contacts directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.