United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila, Philippines (March 25, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
Most international flights to be suspended: Several airlines have already suspended or indicated intent to suspend international flights until April 14, 2020, or until further notice. While the U.S. Embassy has been making every effort possible to assist U.S. citizens through coordination with local authorities including the Philippine Department of Tourism (DOT), options to fly within and out of the Philippines are extremely limited. Please monitor the DOT for announcement of available sweeper flights.
Consider your plan to shelter in place: While the U.S. Embassy attempts to address these continuing challenges in assisting U.S. citizens, please make necessary preparations if staying in the Philippines during the quarantine period. Please comply with local quarantine requirements and strictly follow local authorities.
Hotel information: Passengers in the National Capital Region (NCR) can book a hotel online or visit the DOT airport office for assistance at 4/F Terminal 1, Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Pasay; Point of Contact is Ms. Jenny Factora through mobile number +63 927-993-5965. Please note the Embassy cannot cover costs related to your stay. This list is provided by the Philippine Department of Tourism; the fact that the Embassy is listing the establishments here should not be construed as an endorsement.
DOT NCR provided below list of hotels in operation near the airport terminals and at the Entertainment City in Pasay:
NAME OF ESTABLISHMENTS
|2||HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS||
|(02) 7908 8600|
|(02) 7239 7788|
|1||ORCHID GARDEN SUITES||
|2||RAMADA MANILA CENTRAL||
|3||HOTEL KIMBERLY MANILA||
P2000 for 15 days P1800 for 30days
Please contact the hotel first and note that this information may be subject to change without notice.
Outside Manila, the Embassy has been advised that the following hotels are available in the Cebu area:
- The Bellavista Hotel: Tel: 340-7821.
- Best Suites: Tel: 09228175643.
- Eloisa Royal Suites: 492-1913/09173091921.
- Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino: Tel: 09985948550.
- Maribago Bluewater: Tel: 09988430859.
- Crown Regency Guadalupe: 09176292222.
Rental car information: The DOT-NCR also provided the below information for transportation requirements:
- Nissan Rent-A-Car from NAIA for guests who may want to arrange pick-up/drop-off to and from NAIA Terminals:
- 0917-8195406 (Globe)
- 0917-5987201 (Globe)
- 0917-5987223 (Globe)
- 0998-9637682 (Smart)
- JS Travel & Tours Tourist Rent-A-Car contact number: +63917-3096563
For U.S. citizens outside the NCR, please continue to coordinate with the DOT Regional Offices in your area for assistance.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airlines and contacts above directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63 (2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.