United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (March 25, 2020)
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Mactan Cebu Airport Terminal relayed the following:
- There is a potential sweeper flight from Philippine Airlines tomorrow, March 26, 2020, departing Cebu to Manila. Passengers must show proof of an outbound international flight out of Manila or a hotel reservation in Manila.
- Passengers are required to inquire in person and present their documents at the airport by 8:00 A.M.
- The potential flight tomorrow will be departing at 13:30H /1:30 P.M. However, please note that the flight is subject to the number of passengers who will purchase tickets at the PAL ticketing office located at the Mactan Cebu Airport.
- The average cost of the flight from Cebu to Manila is approximately Php 10,000 per passenger.
- Passengers may call the Mactan Cebu Airport Help Desk at 0917-573-7180 (mobile) or 0917-570-3060 (mobile) for more information.
- Per the Department of Tourism (DOT), stranded foreigners can approach the set-up table provided for them so they can register and be included in the DOT list. The tables are located at the Mactan Cebu Airport in both Terminals 1 and 2. Stranded individuals can look for the “DOT/GMCAC Pad for stranded foreigners”. Airlines may require passengers to be on the DOT list prior to issuing a ticket. For further information, please contact 0917-304-2613.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airline and contacts above directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Philippines Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates (STEP)
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook