United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (July 2, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
Event: Cebu City Under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ); Metro Manila, Talisay City, and other areas are under General Community Quarantine (GCQ)
On July 1, the Philippine government announced the below classifications for areas in the country as a continued measure against the spread of COVID-19:
- Cebu City continues in Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) status from July 1 to July 15 because the Philippine government notes an increase of new cases; widespread community transmission; case doubling time of less than seven (7) days; and a significant increase in critical care utilization as compared to critical care capacity.
- Areas under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) from July 1-15:
Luzon – NCR (Metro Manila), Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Santiago City in Region II; Aurora, Bataan, Bulacan, Tarlac, Olongapo City in Region III; Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, Quezon in Region IV-A.
Visayas — Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental, Siquijor, Mandaue City, Lau-Lapu Cityin Region VII.
Mindanao — Davao City and Zamboanga City.
- The rest of the country remains under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) until July 15, 2020.
Local Government Units (LGUs), i.e. cities and municipalities in the National Capital Region, may still have curfews in effect to limit exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Some provinces have implemented their own community quarantines. If you live in an area that has imposed a local curfew ordinance or similar community quarantine, please plan your activities and travel accordingly and monitor the relevant LGU’s website for their rules and regulations.
Please comply with local quarantine requirements and strictly follow local authorities. Regardless of location, U.S. citizens are encouraged to continue to practice proper anti-virus safety protocols, such as frequent hand washing and social distancing.
Routine U.S. citizen services, including all passport, citizenship, notary, and legal capacity to marry services are still suspended. For emergency services, including emergency passports and reports of death, please contact American Citizen Services via email at ACSInfoManila@state.gov or call +63 (2) 5301-2000. The U.S. Embassy is not accepting walk-ins at this time.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airlines directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.