Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (January 31, 2020)
Event: The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is closely monitoring an outbreak of a respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus that was first detected in Wuhan, China.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC Website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Seek medical care right away, if you traveled to Wuhan and feel sick or were exposed to someone who was in Wuhan in the last six weeks who has fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.