United States Consular Agency Cebu, Philippines
January 2, 2021
Starting Sunday, January 3, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., the Philippines will temporarily ban the entry of travelers from, or who have transited through, the United States. Passengers arriving from the United States or who have transited through the United States who arrive before January 3 should be allowed to enter the Philippines, but will be required to complete a 14-day facility-based quarantine regardless of their RT-PCR test result.
The Philippine government has also suspended all flights from the United Kingdom and will bar entry to travelers originating or transiting from the following locations: the United Kingdom, South Africa, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark, Israel, Hong Kong, Spain, Ireland, the Netherlands, Singapore, Lebanon, Japan, Canada, Germany, Sweden, Australia, France, Iceland, and South Korea.
Actions to Take:
- For more information about Philippine government quarantine classification protocols and regulations, please visit https://www.covid19.gov.ph.
- Direct questions about Philippine immigration and visa issues to the Philippine authorities. See the Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI) website at www.immigration.gov.ph and social media at www.facebook.com/immigration.helpline.ph and www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration.
- Check with your airline, cruise line, or travel operator directly regarding updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 5301-2000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.