United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (April 8, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
The Philippine Government Extends Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) Until April 30:
The Philippine Government encourages the public to follow the government’s stay-at-home orders as it implements the extension of the Luzon-wide ECQ until April 30.
Consider your plan to shelter in place:
We strongly encourage U.S. citizens to make necessary preparations if staying in the Philippines during the quarantine period. Please comply with local quarantine requirements and strictly follow local authorities.
According to the Philippine Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF):
- The wearing of face masks is mandatory in areas placed under ECQ.
- Anyone in the ECQ leaving their home is required to wear a face mask.
- According to the IATF, face masks may be store-bought or improvised, such as a handkerchief or small towel covering the nose and mouth.
For information on Philippine visas and the Bureau of Immigration, hotels, and car rentals, please visit this page: https://ph.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airlines and contacts directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.