United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (April 2, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
Clark International Airport Announces Airport Closing Beginning April 3, 2020
- Clark will suspend all commercial flights, effective April 3, 2020.
- Point-to-point (P2P) bus operations will also be temporarily suspended.
- Flights are expected to resume as the travel restriction eases.
- Clark will continue to service essential cargo flights.
- Please check the Clark International Airport website (clarkinternationalairport.com) for updates.
According to the Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI):
- Temporary visitor visa holders who have stayed in the country for less than one year may secure their Emigration Clearance Certificates (ECCs) at the international airports.
- BI will temporarily allow foreign nationals with approved and implemented visas who are awaiting release of their Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) to depart the country. In lieu of the ACR I-Card Waiver Order, travelers will need to present the following items at the airport: passport with valid visa as indicated in the implementation stamp, official receipt of the ACR I-Card Waiver Application Fee, and ECC with Returning Permit (RP) or Special Resident Certificate (SRC), whichever is applicable. Departing foreign nationals must retain these documents as they will be required for reentry into the Philippines under their respective visa.
- All applications for visa extension are suspended during the Enhanced Community Quarantine, except for outbound passengers.
- Foreigners whose visas will expire during the duration of the Enhanced Community Quarantine will be allowed to file an extension without fines and penalties if they file their applications within 30 days from the lifting of the Enhanced Community Quarantine.
- All outbound passengers with a visa that expired during the period of the Enhanced Community Quarantine will be waived fines and penalties when applying for the visa update before departing the Philippines.
The U.S. Embassy encourages U.S. citizens to monitor the Philippine Bureau of Immigration’s website for the most updated information.
Consider your plan to shelter in place:
While the U.S. Embassy is exploring all options to address the current travel disruptions, we strongly encourage U.S. citizens to make necessary preparations if staying in the Philippines during the quarantine period. Please comply with local quarantine requirements and strictly follow local authorities.
All Flights Operate Out of Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 1:
As more and more air carriers suspend operations due to COVID-19, the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) is streamlining its operations concentrating remaining flights to just one terminal – Terminal 1.
For more information, contact the airlines directly or visit the MIAA Facebook and Twitter pages for an updated schedule of international flights.
The Philippine Department of Tourism (DOT) has a complete list of all operational hotels in the Philippines which can be viewed on the Embassy’s COVID-19 Information page.
Passengers in the National Capital Region (NCR) can book a hotel online or visit the DOT airport office for assistance at 4/F Terminal 1, Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Pasay; Point of Contact is Ms. Jenny Factora through mobile number +63 927-993-5965. Please note the Embassy cannot cover costs related to your stay. This list is provided by DOT NCR; the fact that the Embassy is listing the establishments here should not be construed as an endorsement.
|No.||Name of Establishment||Price||Contact Details|
|1||Holiday Inn Express||4270||9088000|
|4||Sheraton Hotel||5600||(02) 8902 1800|
|5||Asiatel Airport Hotelfirstname.lastname@example.org, 09773283313|
|7||Orchid Garden Suites||2600-5250||09154864341|
|8||Regency Grand Suites||2500||09989701860|
|9||Crown Regency Grand Suites||2500||09176272975|
|10||Berjaya Makati Hotel||3000||6327507500|
|13||Hedda Hotel QC||2375||(02) 8286 7600|
|Disclaimer: subject to room availability and available staff support, and limited to the mobility of the guest due to lack of public transport.|
|As of March 27, 2020 1:00PM|
Please contact the hotel first and note that this information may be subject to change without notice.
The Embassy has been advised that the following hotels are available in the Cebu area:
- The Bellavista Hotel: Tel: 340-7821
- Best Suites: Tel: 09228175643
- Eloisa Royal Suites: Tel: 492-1913/09173091921
- Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino: Tel: 09985948550
- Maribago Bluewater: Tel: 09988430859
- Crown Regency Guadalupe: Tel: 09176292222
Rental car information:
The DOT-NCR also provided the below information for transportation options:
Nissan Rent-A-Car from NAIA for guests who may want to arrange pick-up/drop-off to and from NAIA Terminals:
- 0917-8195406 (Globe)
- 0917-5987201 (Globe)
- 0917-5987223 (Globe)
- 0998-9637682 (Smart)
JS Travel & Tours Tourist Rent-A-Car contact number: +63917-3096563
For U.S. citizens outside the NCR, please continue to coordinate with the DOT Regional Offices in your area for assistance.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airlines and contacts directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.