United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (April 14, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
When purchasing airline tickets, airlines may ask travelers to provide a Quarantine Certificate. The Bureau of Quarantine issues this certificate in larger cities, e.g. Cebu and Davao. For other areas, travelers should inquire with the Provincial, City, or Municipal Health Office. The Health Office may require a certification letter from the barangay stating the individual has stayed in their locality for at least 14 days. In some cases, individuals may be asked to submit additional medical documentation, such as a chest X-ray.
Check with your province, city, or municipality government website for more information on the Health Office in your area. Listed below are telephone numbers for some Bureau of Quarantine offices.
|Cagayan de Oro||+63-88-3273165|
The U.S. Embassy can provide travel letters to U.S. citizens planning to travel to an airport, which can be presented at checkpoints. To request a travel letter, U.S. citizens should contact the U.S. Embassy by email ACSInfoManila@state.gov or telephone: +(63)(2) 5301-2000.
On April 6, the Philippine Department of Tourism updated the list of operational hotels in the Manila Metro area. The list can be viewed on the Embassy’s COVID-19 Information page, along with information on Philippine visas and the Bureau of Immigration, the Philippine Retirement Authority, and car rentals.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airlines directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.