United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Manila (April 13, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
The Philippine Airlines (PAL) Ticket Office at the Davao Airport opened at 3:00 PM today, April 13.
Sweeper Flights to Manila on April 14:
PAL has assured the U.S. Embassy that U.S. citizens may purchase tickets for these flights, as long as seats are available. Please continue to work with your local PAL ticketing office if you are interested in one of these sweeper flights.
U.S. citizens encountering difficulties while traveling to the airport due to the lockdown or roadblocks should contact the U.S. Embassy immediately by email ACSInfoManila@state.gov or telephone: +(63)(2) 5301-2000 to acquire a travel letter.
- Sweeper flights to Manila are planned for the morning of April 14th from Bacolod, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, and Puerto Princessa.
- Book your tickets directly with a PAL ticket office.
- For travel from Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, Iloilo, and Bacolod, visit the PAL city ticket office.
- For travel from Puerto Princesa and Davao, visit the PAL ticket office at the airport.
- Travelers may need additional requirements, such as an onward travel ticket or a confirmed hotel reservation in Manila, and a Philippine Department of Health certificate.
- U.S. citizens needing a travel letter for passage to the airport, should contact the Embassy by email ACSInfoManila@state.gov or telephone: +(63)(2) 5301-2000.
On April 6, the Philippine Department of Tourism updated the list of operational hotels in the Manila Metro area. The list can be viewed on the Embassy’s COVID-19 Information page, along with information on Philippine visas and the Bureau of Immigration, the Philippine Retirement Authority, and car rentals.
Actions to Take:
- Contact PAL directly for tickets and updated information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
- Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
- Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
- Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
- Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Department of Tourism
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Philippines Travel Advisory
- Philippines Country Information Page
- U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000
- State Department–Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.